• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

the trick to get weeping moss to weep

Aqua Hero

so my weeping moss is growing nicely and bright green, however, its kinda growing all over the place. up, down, left right etc.

does trimming the moss make it grow downwards or does it do it naturally

The "growth habit" of Weeping moss is long, overhanging shoots. Usually with quite short branching on the long shoots. This will create a downwords, or hanging, appearance if the moss is placed freely on a piece of wood - or otherwise, having space under it. The newest growth of long shoots will be lighter green colour, giving the "tear-drop" effect, that it is named fore.
- so in a way, you could say that trimming he moss will actually work against it hanging ( trimming, ofcourse, has to be done at some point, to avoid the moss suffocating it's lower parts from lack of light and flow).

Im pretty sure it's weeping moss
845c34a4d00611789be05d21d93ac0bf.jpg

Sent from my D2303 using Tapatalk

Lights: Odyssea Quad T5HO Unit, 2 x 24W 6400K Bulbs, 2 x 24W IQuatics Plant Growth Bulbs. 9 hours per day

Substrate: ADA Aqua Soil Amazonia mixed with ADA Power Sand, White Sand

Hardscape: Lava Rocks, BonsaiDriftwood

Filtration: Tetra Tec EX800 Plus, Pondguru setup with biohome ultimate and ultra mini

CO2: 1.5% Glutaraldehyde Solution in DI water (its the same stuff used in Seachen Excel and EasyCarbo) 70 ml a day

Fertilisers: EI Ferts
260_zps4gnddbgm.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

i just copied this from another post of mine

Here are some pictures of the growth

cc00af0bb60793d8b35008748b4221ba.jpg

cf45bcc86adfd122d02e14a4c273d709.jpg

3a3d7cf40689c3901ab9ce172939c7ad.jpg

Sent from my D2303 using Tapatalk

I've found it doesn't weep in softer low tds water but when I I'll it out and put it in tap water tanks the new growth weeps

Back