• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

The other halves 60...

why the change of light again? how did you find the *cough* aquasky?
The reds rendition wasnt great with the chihiros, great light and very powerful but as i was adding red stems i wanted them to pop. That and i got offered one for a great price from another member who shall remain nameless :thumbup:

Hey folks, been a while since i updated this little one so off we go...

Cant remember if i mentioned before that i swapped the light for a radion rx15fw. Its now been 10 weeks or so and i have mixed feelings. First off ive had real issue connecting to the programming system, Radion say its an issue with the lead and i havent bothered to buy another (there help desk sucks by the way) so its running on an old analogue timer at 100%. Next thing is i hate the bracket, its so clunky and big and black... they really need to try harder with aesthetics! On the up side i totally love the colour it gives off, i use the greenest presetting there is and it just looks killer, really warm and the plants pop. Then the big gripe... while i havent tested the PAR yet (need to get the aquascaping legend round for a beer soon;) ) i find it really gutless. Ive run this at 100% for all the time ive had it now and while it looks bright the plants tell me otherwise. HC has been struggling a lot more than im used to, proserpinaca palustris cuba is bright green when it doesnt take much to make it orange at least, stauro isnt very compact, reineikii mini is tall etc.... So i now have both lights on, the churios ?sp? thing which i know gives 100 par at 30cm and the radion at 100%.

In other news...
After hearing about Stu's success at running co2 24/7 i thought id give it a go, started this about 4 weeks ago and so far so good. Plants seem happy and now with loads of light pearling starts after 30 mins after lights on.

The eriocaulon cinereum had taken over the tank, they are a truly stunning plant and have made me want to try a load more erios ASAP. However they do take up a lot of room as they dont like to be crowded.

Rams have gone to a more suitable home, it now houses the kubotai, CPD's, cherries, CRS and 20 lampeyes being fattened up enough to go in the African tank without being eaten.

Tank had a rough few weeks as i was away and to be honest was lacking motivation... back on track now, few big cleans and a good trim, double dosing liquid carbon etc

Photos will follow when i get home (might as do this bit while im getting paid :)

What's the name of that grass and the fish is beutifull, what are they ive never seen them

oh wow. lan this pictures are amazing. nice work. i hope the wify help out with the water changes lol

she is still doing the maintenance on this one, its her baby but plant choices i have kind of taken over.

What's the name of that grass and the fish is beutifull, what are they ive never seen them
Dantrasy is right on the fish, the grass like plant is eriocaulon cinereum, it was prettier prior to putting out all the seed spikes and i cant get them to stop now. I have read if you dont pull them off the plant dies after seeding??? Leaving a couple now to see what happens as they just keep growing back.

I was going to say if you dont pull those seed pods then it kills the plant. Or so ive heard anyway. Then as i carried on reading you mentioned it anyway.

Tank looks really great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So i now have both lights on, the churios ?sp? thing which i know gives 100 par at 30cm and the radion at 100%.

is that not an insanely high amount of light!! how long for?

Cudos to your partner for keeping on top of the maintenance...

looks great. I really want to try that eriocaulon cinereum but i don't think my current USA planted + pro light will give out enough energy for it to grow well (about 50 par across the substrate of the new tank)... lovely plant thou. :)

Back