• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Lowtech Nanos - The Mossy Spider & More

What a result! Lovely fish and even better considering how much coral reds go for.
Seriously!! I think all-in-all I got about £50 worth of fish, most of that being the pencils. I guess quarantining them all and dividing them up in the shop would've been a hassle with not enough profit, and I'm a regular customer enough that they were like w/e. They all seem very healthy too, haven't lost any, they all look great and no illness behaviour. Luckily got at least 6 ruby tetras in there too so don't massively need to add numbers, and they school with the embers constantly.

Of course now I want more of those pencils :( Their behaviour and movement and stripey colour is so hypnotic, they really stand out. I think I have two males, they both look very similar, but don't fight much luckily. Would really love some females. They give a love of extra vibrancy to this tank, but they might go in the 90cm if they seem to be getting roudy. IDK I might try to see if I can get a deal somewhere, I've noticed them in a few shops and I guess cos of the price they never seem to shift.

Pencils have such a hold on me omg, I'm weak before their stripy glory.

Hi all,
ast week I went to the LFS to get some marine stuff and I was randomly offered some free mixed red schooling fish and shrimps that had just been given in from a customer who was moving country. It looked like mostly embers, so I took them.
What a result!
Certainly is a result, <"Axelrodia riesei"> is a sort after fish as well.

cheers Darrel

It looks really beautiful, I love a group of tiny fish darting around the plants, they always seem busy doing something!
Your pencilfish are real stunners, a large shoal would be fabulous!

I was looking for some nano inspiration and found this absolutely gorgeous thread of wonder and delight.
I too have just read through this fantastic thread today. So many beautiful tanks - love the pictures and detail. Great inspiration!

Back