• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

The little one - Take 2

clonitza

Since the last journal of this tank doesn't feature any pics (had to remove them from flickr) I decided to open another fresh one after doing the last arrangement.

The tank
Eheim - 60cm long x 30cm wide x 35cm tall

Soil
- ADA Forest Sand Orinocco
- Some regular white sand
- JBL Manado

Fertilizers
- PPS + Trace Mix (replacing TPN+, there's no difference)

Filtration
- JBL e700 (need to clean the canister, haven't done it in a year)

Light
- 3 x T8 15w Osram 865

CO2
- EasyLife Easy Carbo 1ml/day

Inhabitants
- Apistogramma cacatuoides (1 mature female + 3 males)
- Hemigrammus rhodostomus + bleheri (8)
- Gasteropelecus sternicla (1)
- Pseudomugil getrudae (1 pair)
- Pitbull pleco (2)

Plants
- Micranthemum Micranthemoides
- Hygrophila Polysperma
- Cryptocoryne (various species)
- Echinodorus amazonicus
- Anubias nana petite
- Some mosses
- Microsorum needle leaf
- Hydrocotyle tripartita

Decor
Collected wood

7250383536_f7f11497b3_c.jpg

Nothing fancy, still low tech, waiting for Hydrocotyle tripartita to take over the substrate and the other plants to grow again after the big trim. I haven't removed the soil in 2 years just sucked the dirt and did a big water change.

I decided to skip RO water and just add tap water directly to the tank, works for now.

Mike

Really like your style Mike, less is more in some cases, and you seem to put plants and hardscape in just the right places and densities to keep a very natural look :thumbup:
Ill be interested to hear if your hemigrammus nibble the hydrocotle japan?
Cheerio,
Ady.

Thank you! :)
I haven't had any issues with them staying aligned but there were other fish popping in when I was trying to get the picture, so yes, I did a couple. :)

clonitza said:

I love it when they line up.

I've got a bunch of lampeye's in my Cthulhu set up which free style for most of the day then occasionally all line up staying still watching people pass them in the hallway. Very freaky.

Sorry mate, I don't have any interesting online. Might post some in the future. BTW yours look stunning. :)

Cheers,

What type of Echinodorus are they on the right and left ? Surely not just bog standar amazon swords are they ?

Amazon swords, at first I hoped it was echinodorus quadricostatus but it grew from 10 cm to the size you see now. :)

clonitza said:
Amazon swords, at first I hoped it was echinodorus quadricostatus but it grew from 10 cm to the size you see now. :)

Healthiest looking Amazons I have seen !! :thumbup: Compare those to the manky stuff you often see in plant tanks in aquatic centres, Its enough to make me consider some...

My little one is going to be upgraded soon. I'm preparing next week the final shot for my archive and then I'm tearing it down. Viktor if you are looking this one is going to be replaced so hopefully you have my gear ready in a couple of weeks. :)

8169969812_e6fcc03c66_h.jpg

Back