• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

The lake district and scafell

mort

Hi, we are going to the lake district in a couple of weeks and am planning to do scafell then the pike from the wastwater side and was wondering if anyone has done it before? I've been up the pike from the Seathwaite side before but only done the pillar horseshoe on the wast water side. I'm just wondering if there is any rock climbing, scrambling is fine, on this side as I'm taking my dog. She's done plenty of mountains and can handlenear vertical stuff herself if it's not taller than my arms can stretch but was a handful up tryfan last year with its climbing.

Also if anyone has any suggestions of good climbs or areas to go I'm all ears. We've been over ten times now and done a lot but there always seems to be things we missed.

TIA

If it's any consolation I've lived near there for 48 years, don't know where any of the places you mention are and have yet to realise the full potential of the Lake District. All I know is the coffee is expensive but its a great shortcut to the M6 when the traffic is bad at Penrith. Sorry I can't help, not much of a tour guide eh? Will be interested to see the suggestions though, one day I will get out there but don't really know where to go myself. I purchased some walking shoes and attire last year when I realised I was bordering on clinical obesity but I tend to just wander round the cycle paths round my way...when I get the time.

Made it to the top at the end of September. The weather really came in so not much of a view. My dog found it very easy, me not so much as we reached the top of scafell and then had to decend 900 ft before going back up to the summit of scafell pike.

scafell

P1030230.jpg

the decent

P1030243.jpg

P1030246.jpg
P1030254.jpg

scafell pike

P1030273.jpg
P1030265.jpg

and the reason for the poor visibility, lucky we know what we're doing

P1030285.jpg

Back