• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

The Island - ADA 75P - It's been a while....

@Dan OB I'm EI dosing currently and it's working well but the other side of it (lean dosing) always intrigues me, some will say why bother if it's working but then I always just ask myself why don't companies just make an EI equivalent and use it as (yet another) marketing opportunity

Both clearly work as long as everything else is spot on but I do think EI gives a lot more wiggle room for errors, just a learning curve as always

For your tank, that is low plant pass, Ada or tropica seems the easiest way.

For something heavy lights and plants , I would suggest pps pro or the method or controlled imbalances for example.

I'm generally starting lean dosing when starting a New tank, just K and some micros for the first 2-3 months depending on plants mass and then going for an full regime with macros+micros.

Cheers

Sometimes the fish need to come first rather than the plants...

DIY BBS hatchery and grow out tank

IMG_20191022_132219_583.jpg

Hi all, Your agassizii have coloured up well.

cheers Darrel

Yeh the male has settled in and coloured up nicely now, both feeding great (to the point i worry about them overeating tbh), it's made the tank dynamics so much more interesting and i'm enjoying learning about them

@CooKieS rotala is very quickly becoming one of my favourites, only a month in in this one but I'm actually really enjoying the maintenance on a tank for the first time and it's down to the difference in stems week to week (and having the experience now to have thought through all aspects of running and maintaining it lol)

I notice that your frogbit has nice and short roots. Do you trim or do anything to keep them short? Nice scape and fish btw!

@JEK thank you and yeh I trim them every week (or they get tangled in the wood) while thinning out how much has grown so it doesn't take over, roots probably grow about 10-15cm a week easy in this tank

Reactions: JEK
@CooKieS rotala is very quickly becoming one of my favourites, only a month in in this one but I'm actually really enjoying the maintenance on a tank for the first time and it's down to the difference in stems week to week (and having the experience now to have thought through all aspects of running and maintaining it lol)

Yes, it's an bit challenging as it requires pruning and shaping very often but the fast growth help against algae and the lovely bubbles on it plus the fact the leaves are 'closing' at the end of the day are awesome.

I'm actually trying 3 rotala SP. in my 60p; h'ra, rotundifolia and colorata. Will take some shots once it has matured. ;)

@CooKieS it's exactly that, the pearling and closing at end of photo period are good indicators to use to set it all up and along with being fast growing helps balance the tank

Nice i've got 3 sp. as well, rotundifolia, orange juice and yao yai. Will keep an eye out for your updates

Got a follow from the main man himself Dave Chow on Instagram on my new page I set up for my tanks

He follows a lot of people it seems... but I'll still take it :lol:

Screenshot_20191105-180001_Instagram.jpg

Neat solution to be fair! I've always heard of airline tubing being used but never quite figured out a neat solution... a useful photo, thanks!

Thanks @Matt @ ScapeEasy and no problem, I was the same but using suction cups with the detachable clips to leave just the ball makes for a nice easy solution thankfully, saves any glue

Back