• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

The Custom Alcove Aquarium

Paul27

After Having this Tank delivered on 29th February, I've finally got round to setting it up.

Its a custom tank from aquariums4life. Its sitting on a stand I've built for it, which still needs finishing off, the rest of the MDF still needs putting on and painting.

Spec:

Tank: 84cm(L)x35(H)x20cm(D)
Filter: Oase Thermo 100
Light: Twinstar 600s(Modified) Resting on top of tank just for picture
Substrate: Tropica fine aquarium soil
Hardscape: Bogwood and black lava rock

The plants i currently have ready to go in are:

Cryptocoryne Lucens
Cryptocoryne Nevelli
Cryptocoryne Wendtill
Lilaeopsis Brasiliensis
Anubias Nana Petite

Feedback would be happily welcomed
20201005_205243.jpg

Hardscape looks great, looking forward to seeing it planted.

I too have my aquarium in an alcove, it's a little too close to the shelf above, which makes maintenance a pain, can only just get my arm fully in the tank!

Hardscape looks great, looking forward to seeing it planted.

I too have my aquarium in an alcove, it's a little too close to the shelf above, which makes maintenance a pain, can only just get my arm fully in the tank!

Looking at it gain this morning and I might have another play around with hardscape. I have other bogwood I can choose from and more lava rock.

I used to have a smaller shallow one in there before and I too had a shelf above it and like you could only just get my arm in, this time I've put a shelf in higher and that can easily be removed when needed.

Looks great, can’t help but see a dragon form from the left wood. An easy red stem would look cool along the rear like a flame from his mouth 🐉🔥
I think the 53b will help fill the planting out and help in the early stages.
cheerio,

Looks great, can’t help but see a dragon form from the left wood. An easy red stem would look cool along the rear like a flame from his mouth 🐉🔥
I think the 53b will help fill the planting out and help in the early stages.
cheerio,

I was actually going to use the bogwood in two sperate positions but when i was having a mess around with it, both pieces slotted into place pretty much perfect and noticed like yourself they it had characteristics of a dragon.

As much as i like how it is, i couldn't quite get the actual layout of the vision i had in my head of how i wanted it to look because of having such a narrow depth of only 20cm. I originally had it made so that it would fill the alcove length ways and sit back in there, so that's why i went with that depth but its very tight for trying to arranged hardscape and planting.

After having Watched @George Farmer and GreenAqua videos on the Oase styleline 85 and Oase 125 I've gone ahead and ordered a 125 myself. It will pretty much sit perfect in the alcove as its 36cm in depth which is the same as the alcove. Will give me more scope for hardscape and planting. The red stem plant idea you've had is a great one and will look to do when i have the oase and setting it up.

Back