• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

The Beatles 2020

PARAGUAY

Interesting that John Lennon would have been 80 this year and the biggest sellers in albums records for the first 6 months worldwide are The Beatles .Well we know after all they are great. Abbey Road has hardly been off billboard chart for years but you cant help feel a bit for lack of support for groups eg thinking britpop bands discarded by record companys for celebrities and manufactured acts on tv talent shows

I was borne exactly 19 years after John, I love the vast majorly of Beatles music though I have a few pet hates like Yellow Submarine !
We have a fantastic local band called the Day Trippers who for the last few years have played a tribute gig at the same venue where the real Beatles played way back in the 60s.
Last year they came on stage dressed in full custom made Sargent Pepper outfits !
We are so lucky at the moment as here in Guernsey there are no Covid restrictions at all, so live music has not been affected .

but you cant help feel a bit for lack of support for groups eg thinking britpop bands discarded by record companys for celebrities and manufactured acts on tv talent shows
It's the same in the literature world, many celebrities have successful literature careers too. Most have been ghost written though.
It means it's much harder for real writers to get their work published. A book "written" by a celebrity is as good as money in the bank...
Thank goodness for the internet though, it means there is a least some way of getting genuine work out there...

Back