• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

The Aqueous Art Movement at Art Gallery

LondonDragon said:
I just point and shoot with my compact now, at the size posted in the forum you can hardly tell the difference between the compact and the high end cameras lol

:) that is true.. But would be nice to know how to use the camera correctly for a start.. :)

Also, the low res of the images we have on the forum does not do justice to the quality of work the tanks are. George's Iwagumi is an example.

It looks nice here.. but way better in front of you. :)

Did anyone else notice that on the Thursday evening all the other galleries in the street (and there are quite a few on that street) were empty and this one was a full house with people spilling into the street?

Does not get much better than that in my opinion :clap:

a1Matt said:
Did anyone else notice that on the Thursday evening all the other galleries in the street (and there are quite a few on that street) were empty and this one was a full house with people spilling into the street?

Does not get much better than that in my opinion :clap:

A few people have said that now, and it's really encouraging to hear :D

The gallery owners estimate that between 1200 and 1500 people visited on the Thursday night alone.

Cheers,
James

I am glad others picked up on it too!
Considering the size of the gallery, those numbers are phenomenal.

great stuff.

James, your work really shines here. :thumbup:

Inspired, i may try something similar in the midlands. backlighting heaven in a public space....what could be nicer :angelic:

Thank you Mark :D

I'm really glad you are thinking of doing something similar :thumbup: , I think our excellent hobby/artform deserves to be moved into the public eye wherever possible.

If you want any info on how we organised our exhibition e.g compiling mailing lists for invites etc, just send me a PM and I'll give you my phone number.

Cheers,
James

a1Matt said:
I am glad others picked up on it too!
Considering the size of the gallery, those numbers are phenomenal.

It was packed.. :)

That was the reason why I left early, as I struggle with claustrophobia being on a such a enclosed space with that many people was hard.. :)

john starkey said:
Very nice photography james,
regards,
john.

Thanks John :D

I can't take all the credit, a lot of the photos were taken by George.

Cheers,
James

Better late than never.

I thought I would share a few photographs from my perspective. Not a lot different from James and Georges.

Hope you all like them.

Out side the gallery.
5183690327_7d553fbd2e.jpg

5183689917_1fbe721f56.jpg
This is my piece.
5184287080_b14159e838.jpg
Showing the scale. Shirt - models own.
5183691361_1703c3b01c.jpg

5184286342_b11aa6d819.jpg

5183687477_fc310c006f.jpg
The big night.
5183683565_30e491d50e.jpg

5183682989_ef78ae4b3b.jpg

Cheers,
Graeme.

Brilliant video! So nice to see these tanks guys. Congratulations again to this event and especially to the tanks you all created.

Can you remind me what light you used above the 3 pico tank? I am looking forward to something similar. Looks lovely there.

Thanks Viktor :D

The bulbs used on the 3 cubes were 7watt LED replacements for the GU10 halogen spotlamps.
Because they have a fairly narrow beam it meant they could be placed a good height above the tanks without significant loss of PAR.

Cheers,
James

russchilds said:
Great video - really gutted I missed this. The tanks all looked amazing!! :)
Thanks, Russ. :)

Sorry you missed it, but we think there's scope for more events like this, especially in London, so hopefully they'll be another opportunity for you.

There's nothing to stop other keen aquascapers doing the same/similar either, it doesn't have to be the Aqueous Art Movement.

The more folk that get involved with promoting this great hobby and art form the better! :thumbup:

James Marshall said:
Thanks Viktor :D

The bulbs used on the 3 cubes were 7watt LED replacements for the GU10 halogen spotlamps.
Because they have a fairly narrow beam it meant they could be placed a good height above the tanks without significant loss of PAR.

Cheers,
James

Thank you James :angelic:

Back