• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

The Aqueous Art Movement at Art Gallery

Re: Live aquascapes at a London art gallery

Graeme Edwards said:
I tripped and fell up the stairs, breaking my nano tank. Shortly after this I came out to find my car about to be towed away by the local parking attendants.

Gutted for you mate, that is most unfair after all the efforts you've put into the exhibition.

Sorry I couldnt get along to the Thursday night soiree, but it was great to see you all on Wednesday, and see the exhibition taking shape. I'm quite sure that over the 4 days you've opened the eyes of many non-aquascapers to the possibilities of planted tank displays, and that can only be a good thing for the UK scene.

The effort you guys made in prepping tanks over the previous months, transporting them to London from all over the country, arranging, collating and promoting the exhibition itself is quite amazing, and is a true credit to your love of the hobby. Well done :D

Here's a few snaps from Wednesday...

_3336142922.jpg

_0121343003.jpg

_1100001143.jpg

_1122436102.jpg

_0303091322.jpg

_0414231430.jpg

_2014300810.jpg

_3432542492.jpg

_4271017013.jpg

_5759899959.jpg

_6978975566.jpg

_7621221420.jpg

_7956966999.jpg

_9098659898.jpg

Tony

It isnt that all bad Graeme. (heres the joke).....

You got a Souvenir in the form of a yellow envelope on your car from London :D

It was indeed bad luck mate. However all the hard work you guys put in has enabled UKAPS and aquascaping thrusted into a whole new light for everyone who attended.

You guys deserve a big pat on the back for all the hard work.

I see that the Fluval G series filter is part of the aquascape and has to be placed outside the cabinet. The other brands must hide in cabinets :D

Great job guys well done! Looks like there will be more aquascapers on the way after that excellent display....... Superb :clap:

Well done on an excellent display - Three of us from work travelled into London on Thursday for a look and a chat. It was very impressive and look forward to the next. Spent the evening looking at nano tanks for sale!

Hi folks

Well what a week that was, exhausting yet very satisfying.
Thank you all for your support, in particular Tony, Paulo, Matt, Edward, Ricky etc who helped with set up and breakdown.
A huge thank you goes to George and Graeme for helping me to realise a long term dream, had I not met these excellent chaps and seen they were capable of moving live aquascapes across the country, the event would not have happenend.

I hope we have acheived our goal of presenting aquascaping to a wider audiance and in particular opened the eyes of the art world to what all of us scapers do.

It did seem a bit strange at times, following an artisit's template rather than a scaper's.
For instance writing mission statements in keeping with the other exhibitiors and pricing our work with the formula they used. Still, it was all necessary in order to properly present our artform to other artists.

I hope those of you who visited had a good time and felt it was worth attending.

I'll post some photos soon.

Cheers,
James

mlgt said:
Heres some pics from me.

sakura117.jpg

This is the one that does it for me, it's simply stunning.

Mawgan said:
True to form, I failed to pitch up to the gallery on the Thursday evening as I had hoped to do. Instead I went along on Friday afternoon and caught the exhibition at a quiet moment. This was much to my advantage as I was able to take in all the aquascapes at leisure, and without hundreds of bodies getting in the way! I was also able to trap James, George and Graeme in conversation and learnt a great deal, as ever.

The displays were excellent and imaginative, presented in incredibly pristine condition, and a credit to the guys. Much kudos to James for persevering with such a brave venture - I hope it succeeds in creating greater awareness of the scope to consider our interest as an art form.

As I left quietly much later, our intrepid gurus were sitting cross-legged in the centre of the gallery, a strange light enveloping them as they exchanged words of wisdom and insight almost incomprehensible to mere mortals...
Thanks for the kind words, David. It was an absolute pleasure to meet you.

Thumbs up for the photography lesson :)
I should have recorded George & Paulo lifting the tanks up the stairs and added benny hill music :p

:text-+1: Special thanks for the photography lesson George. Cant describe how valuable that was. Good luck in the future with your art project guys.

Definatly. Very fun and good to see the difference from old photos and whats been learnt.
I will be implementing the skills for future tank shots :)

Back