• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

The Aqueous Art Movement at Art Gallery

Re: Live aquascapes at a London art gallery

Has anyone approached Yorkshire Sculpture Park with a similar concept - they have indoor display places and the nature of the place lends itself to the juxtaposition (long word for a Saturday morning!) of nature and art. I'm pretty clear that i have nowhere near the kudos or skill of youguys to carry it forward but i wonder what you might be able to develop off the back of this?

I did, you have to already be recognised in your field to even be considered, I got talked out of it pretty quickly though I'm sure if my university could help like they said they could with Chealsea and tatton park then I'm sure I can make it a whole lot more viable. I'd asked a few places in leeds a few months back some where interested but getting commitment and needing to source everything yourself saw of the idea quickly as the last thing I am is rolling in money and industry connections.

I will be there on the Thursday evening with a group of members from LFKC, if you guys need any help setting it up let me know as I do have a few days holiday to kill off and would be glad to help out.

Thank for your kind offer of help Paulo :D
I will PM you nearer the time should we need anything.

Cheers,
James

Very interesting project guys, the best of luck with it, lots of hard work ahead I'm sure. Definitely a first for the UK art market, try and get Charles Sattchi down to spend a few quid ;) :D

Thanks for your best wishes Peter :D
Charles Sattchi, now that would be a treat, if not a little intimidating.

Cheers,
James

I should be able to get there as I work in London a fair bit? Are u all there 4 the full event? I will probably be there in the day.

Hats off to u all for promoting the planted tank scene!

Brenmuk said:
Is there a website for this?
Googling 'The Aqueous Art Movement' doesn't seem to bring anything up that is related.
No i'm afraid not, it's just a name i came up with.

Dutch courage speaking there Crawford.

He knows I'm the creative edge within the founders, and wishes he had though that name up. Plonker!!!

Aqueous mean vessile or container that holds water, the rest is self explanitery.

There may well be some website that could promote the movement, it depends on how this goes.

Hi Foks

Sorry I have'nt posted for ages, but the organisation of the exhibition has soaked up all my spare time.

I'm really hope that many of you can make it, and i look forward to seeing you there.
Just to let you know the gallery will be shutting at more like 9pm than 10 on the thursday, I hope this does not affect anyones plans.
I've set up a very basic website for the group of exhibitors.
http://www.aqueousart.co.uk

Cheers,
James

This sound superb, and a great move for the hobby!

I'll definitley be there at some point I'm sure. Going to seem strange going into Shoreditch and not getting hammered :D

hi James,

i notice your site said the 4th is private view.
does that exclude us ?.

Hi Neil

No this does not exclude anyone, calling it a private view was a condition placed on us by the gallery in order to get the late opening. Everyone is welcome :thumbup:

I look forward to seeing you there

Cheers,
James

To my considerable discredit, I haven't visited the forum for yonks but I'm really glad that I did in time to see news of this event!

I certainly aim to attend on the Thursday evening, and hope to meet the exhibitors as well as enjoying their artwork.

Best of luck to you all! What a great idea!

Hi guys,

Best of luck for next week. I was hoping to come along but I am flying to Newcastle Monday -Thursday and can't afford train fares to London. Please take plenty of pictures!

Hi

There is any chance to find out how many display tanks will be available to see on this event?

Back