• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Feedback Thanks

I popped in today for the first time to buy some Manzanita wood and some stones to setup
Iwagumi style tank and I was very impressed.

Just wanted to say a big thankyou to Dave for your tips and help.

Spending a hour or so trying out various stone combinations is a great resource and well worth the drive. so many stunning plants and such a great range of hardscape will definitely have to go back.

Very different from my Lfs that gave up with there planted tank and swapped to plastic..

They also had a very nice demo rgb light unit there be interested in the price when it's released.

Are you thinking of the ONF LEDs?

No.. ONF has been out for a while.

Its a gun metal grey colour over one of the main tanks. Its a similar Led arrangement to the ada solar rgb with the separate red green blue leds. Rotala super red looks amazing..

Dave said something like... its a 350 watt unit with 90 watts of useable light???

That sounds like an “all in one” LED sold for reef/marine with some freshwater crossover - at least enough that it will be marketed as suitable for planted tanks ... when you select the plant spectrum, only some of the LEDs are now used ...90 out of potential 350watt wouldn’t be unusual

Of course you’re still paying for 350watt LED ;)

Store looks fabulous online :( I luv the fact that there is an area that you can try out hardscapes / before you purchase.
I'm from up here in Aberdeenshire and the only aquarium stores we have are (dobbies) Maidenhead aquatics. Now they are very helpful but don't have the same range/layout - main thing is the range of wood/ absolutely stunning, and is something i think that they are missing the trick with ;)

Never mind i might make a visit someday :)

Back