• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Terrible green algae on rocks

Deano3

Hi everyone , still getting algae on rocks and some susspect bba on plants and om some parts of carpet.

My outflow hits a bucephlandra plant and wondering if i remove this it may help the flow ? I am slowly dialling in the co2 and seems to be nice green at lights on.

Would some nerites get rid of the algae ? I have always debated getting snails and actually did once but didnt relise had planeria so all died so never got to see if the eggs etc were bad, the green algae is hard to scrub off with even a wire brush and very time consuming. Is ot the horned clithon nerites that are meant to lay the least eggs ?

Thanks dean

Attachments

• 20211228_134935.jpg
    20211228_134935.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 199
  • 20211228_192432.jpg
    20211228_192432.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 150
If it’s not rubbing off then that’s GSA, and I’m plagued with the same crap on my rocks. The ONLY way to get rid of it is by spot treating with liquid carbon, h202, or remove the hardscape and bleach it. A good power wash will take it right off too but that requires you removing the hardscape from the tank.

Whatever route you choose, you need to figure out what’s causing it because little by little it will come back, trust me. I hate it more than any other algae, considering it’s the only visible kind in my tank.

Back