• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Terrestrial Plants

Benauld

Seedling
Hi,

I've been doing a lot of research over the past few months for my prospective aquascape, and have been exploring the use of epiphytic orchids on emersed wood. During my travels I came across this site:

http://www.pumpkinbeth.com/2017/04/white-flowered-miniature-epiphytic-orchids/

Which shows the picture attached to this thread.

I was struck by the parallels with aquascaping. I might have a go at one of these myself one day.

But for the meantime, I'm thinking one of the miniature orchid species indigenous to the South American cloud forests might work well in my setup, as I think it should minimise any shading of aquarium plants beneath the (at this point in time very hypothetical) extended branch of my planned scape.

Anyway, I just thought others who may not have seen this might be interested too.

Thanks,

Ben.

Attachments

• BiorbAir.jpg
    BiorbAir.jpg
    301.6 KB · Views: 231
To be honest I hadn't even looked at the price, they're really just the modern take on the Victorian terrariums or bottle gardens. I'm sure a DIY version would be a lot cheaper!

Back