• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

TDS and the relationship within a fishtank

Hi Matt,

I did carry on taking TDS readings after the initial week that I listed and the results have remained fairly consistant showing what I think could be general trends. I stopped posting on here cause I thought I was boring poor Ed to tears.LOL.

I still don't know how any of this info could be interpreted to help me though. Mostly at the moment its kind of nice just to see things working as you would expect with the rises and falls of the TDS measurements.

The prime function of my TDS meter is still to check the quality of my RO water and shall probably remain so for the foreseeable future.

chris1004 said:
I stopped posting on here cause I thought I was boring poor Ed to tears.LOL.

Not at all mate. I like this technical side of things!

Checking my RO water is still the main use of my TDS meter but I'm going to be messing around with the water in my koi QT system soon.

Having read some of the thread that Matt listed in his earlier post it seems that others may be looking into what use TDS readings could be, including Tom Barr himself. Now if he dosen't come up with somthing usefull then I doubt there is anything to be had when using TDS in relation to planted tanks. I plan on reading the second half of that thread later this evevning with a pint in my hand... Looking foward to it already.

Back