• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

TDI's Blyxa - Nano

TDI-line

Tank: Dennerle Nano Cube

Volume: 20 Litre.

Filtration: Standard Dennerle filter.

Heating: None.

CO2: None.

Lighting: Standard Dennerle lighting.

Substrate: ADA Aquasoil Amazonia.

Tank decor: Sumatra Driftwood.

Plants: Blyxa Japonica, Hydrocotyle Verticicllata, Pogestemon Helferi, Proserpinaca Palustris 'Cuba', Rotala Wallichii, Taxiphyllum Barbieri.

Fish: Caridina sp. "Crystal Red", Anentome helena.

I just thought i'd have some fun with this tank, not too demanding on plants, and at least i have one tank in my lounge to look at. The main tank is in the dining room.

008.jpg

009.jpg

007.jpg

021.jpg

016.jpg

015.jpg

014.jpg

012.jpg

011.jpg

010.jpg

And i bought some various Japanese CRS foods from Aqua Essentials for the little fellas. :D

026.jpg

Jack middleton said:
is that double s grade CRS? or triple s?

Hi Jack, i'm really not sure. They weren't graded as such when i purchased them, but just as a high grade. I would hazard a guess at probably S grade.

Hi Dan,
gorgeous nano,lovely scape too,i hope you have some baby crystal reds then i would buy some off you hopefully,regards john.

Nice! I love the use of plants and the hardscape, good positioning of the wood!. What is the substrate? (Aquasoil???)

Shame there is so much light overspill from the lighting unit. Is this standard with overhead lighting? Not used an overhead luminaire (is this type of lighting different from a liminaire?). I'm a bit worried about getting an O/H Luminaire for this reason. Having not used one before, or seen one in a domestic setup, I tend to prefer lighting hidden within a hood. Call me old fashioned or educate me.

Thanks everyone.

Hi Sam, that was a result, they will probably carry on breeding now.

Hi John, with my luck of breeding, there probably all firing blanks. :lol:

Hi Simon, it's the standard light unit with the tank, i'm not really sure how this would differ from an overhead luminaire though.

It is ADA aquasoil, i just took a few good scoops from my main mature tank and then left it for a week, just incase any ammonia leached. But i wish i had tried the poweder version though.

I am interested in buying a dennerle nano (30 litre or 20 litre) but i would love to know if:

the light supplied would provide enough light for growing HC and blyxa japonica and other plants similar to these.? and how many watts is it?
is the filter noisy? and can i choose what media i wish to put in it? and is the spray bar any good?
Does it come with a heater? or any means of adding CO2? because £105 for a 30 litre tank seems expensive for it not to have anything

Jack middleton said:
I am interested in buying a dennerle nano (30 litre or 20 litre) but i would love to know if:

the light supplied would provide enough light for growing HC and blyxa japonica and other plants similar to these.? and how many watts is it?
is the filter noisy? and can i choose what media i wish to put in it? and is the spray bar any good?
Does it come with a heater? or any means of adding CO2? because £105 for a 30 litre tank seems expensive for it not to have anything

Hi Jack,

i'm not sure what the wattage of the light supplied is, but i'd think it would be fine for HC, and i'm growing blyxa aswell.

The filter is very very quiet, and powerful enough. The spraybar is good, better than some i've seen, and no i think you just use the filter foam already installed.

It does not come with a heater or any form of CO2, and you don't really need a heater and carbon can be added through easycarb or flourish excel.

It did come with shrimp food, and a 3 pack of additives, which are well labelled, and de-chlorinator, plant ferts and something for shrimps.

I think £105 may be the price for the complete plus version which also includes substrate and deponit mix. But mine was the base model as i already had aqua soil for mine.

Wohoo!

Just counted 12 baby CRS in there, one of them is virtually jet white too.

Shame i haven't got a macro lense, or a decent camera either. :lol:

Thanks guys.

At the moment the tank is bare, no substrate, just 2 pieces of Tropica aquadecor with xmas moss, but i have some time to add the Oliver Knott substrate now.

Would this be a good time to add it or would you leave it while there breeding?

TDI-line said:
Thanks guys.

At the moment the tank is bare, no substrate, just 2 pieces of Tropica aquadecor with xmas moss, but i have some time to add the Oliver Knott substrate now.

Would this be a good time to add it or would you leave it while there breeding?

My experience with my cherries and rainbow shrimp in my two nanos was they stop-start breed. Going through little bursts of a few indivuduals getting pregnant at once, then nothing for a while. Not sure if that is the same for everyone, but if this was my tank id leave the changes until you can't see any up the duff any more, if your aim is to have LOTS of shrimp.

Best Regards,

John

Hi TDI,
nice Nano, I have the same ;)

About the lightning: the small one (10L tank) has 9Watt and the bigger one (20L & 30L) has 11Watt.
The filter is very silent but the filter media is bad, I´ve replaced mine .

About HC and such little carpet stuff, I´ve tuned my little Nano to a high tech one, 2x11Wat Dennerle Lightning, Pressurized Co2 and an external cansiter filter (Eheim eeco pro 130). Inline heater, hydor eth200.
Also with ADA AS, TPN + EI

-> HC UG Tenellus are doing fine so far (runing for one week only) everything is already pearling so it must be doing fine :D

Back