• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
  • You can now follow UKAPS on Instagram.

Resolved! Tapatalk not working?

Tucker90

Any advice getting this resolved,

tried re installing it, keeps coming up with this error message.

Attachments

• 32C66258-CDB8-4740-B48D-B386E481AA48.png
    32C66258-CDB8-4740-B48D-B386E481AA48.png
    834.8 KB · Views: 39

LondonDragon

Administrator
UKAPS Team
Will take a look later, not something I use, and might consider disabling it completely as it reduces the user experience anyway, and the forum is fully mobile compliant.

LondonDragon

Administrator
UKAPS Team
I had a look and Tapatalk have not updated their plug in since early 2020, since then Xenforo has gone through a few upgrades which might have rendered the plugin obsolete, I will do some testing over the weekend and see if the plugin is indeed broken, if it is and due to the lack of updates from Tapatalk I will then remove it permanently if no longer working.

Tapatalk was good 10 years ago when mobile pages were not responsible and did not show properly on phones/tablets. The world has moved on and now the forum is adaptive to any size screen, I have spent a lot of hours tweaking and adding features to the forum that get lost on Tapatalk as it only support the stock base of features, so by using a web browser or the App if you are on Android, you will get a much better experience as some member have told me recently.

Which also could explain the lack of support from Tapatalk nowadays!!

LondonDragon

Administrator
UKAPS Team
Looking at the Support Forum in Tapatalk there seems to be a lot of people complaining about the same issue, and no much response from them, so looks like its the end of the road for this app!

Courtneybst

That's a shame! I like using the forum through Tapatalk as I get notifications.

Tucker90

Thanks for looking into it! It is a shame as I always thought it was a good app!

LondonDragon

Administrator
UKAPS Team
Yeah I will look into it, but if the developer no longer provides any updates/support for the App, it's not something I can resolve.
Some users say that it still works on old version of Android, so could also be an Operating System issue, or a combination of forum software and operating system.
Thats the reason I try not to support these third party Apps because users get used to them and then when they no longer work there isn't much we can do about it.

karel.brits

I have the same issue. Since the problem started occurring, I removed Ukaps from my Tapatalk-account, hoping I could access it from my phone in the webbrowser.

Somehow it still has the tendency to open Tapatalk automatically when I Google for Ukaps.

LondonDragon

Administrator
UKAPS Team
I have the same issue. Since the problem started occurring, I removed Ukaps from my Tapatalk-account, hoping I could access it from my phone in the webbrowser.

Somehow it still has the tendency to open Tapatalk automatically when I Google for Ukaps.
Thanks for that, I have disabled it for now so that it doesn't re-direct or alert the user that you can install it!
Reading a little more about Tapatalk, looks like most forums are phasing it out as it contains some security vulnerabilities. So you can enable the notifications on the forum software, so you get alerts on your phone, also if you are on Android you can install the App
Hopefully Apple will enable the capability to do so on iOS soon enough.

Courtneybst

Thanks for that, I have disabled it for now so that it doesn't re-direct or alert the user that you can install it!
Reading a little more about Tapatalk, looks like most forums are phasing it out as it contains some security vulnerabilities. So you can enable the notifications on the forum software, so you get alerts on your phone, also if you are on Android you can install the App
Hopefully Apple will enable the capability to do so on iOS soon enough.
C'mon Apple, pull your finger out! 😉

LondonDragon

Administrator
UKAPS Team
C'mon Apple, pull your finger out! 😉
It will be the greatest and best feature in the new iOS, that everyone has been using for a decade! :p

papa_c

Got to admit I cancelled my tapatalk subscription a year back for the reasons above.....rather spend the £5.99 on a new plant!

LondonDragon

Administrator
UKAPS Team
Tapatalk is working again ;)

Turns out there are two add-ons that cause issues with each other, since Tapatalk seems to be the one that is more beneficial to users I will leave that one activated and will disable the other add-on.

LondonDragon

Administrator
UKAPS Team

Hanuman

Great news. I actually do use Tapatalk a lot because I am a member and administrator of multiple forums and having everything is one place is really much easier to manage. This said I only use it mostly for consultation. I rarely use it to answer or make any admin jobs, hence why I never paid their member subscription.

Courtneybst

Isn't it ironic that after only a short time of Tapatalk not working I default to the mobile site most times now 😂 I have to admit it's actually a lot better organised than the app version. I don't know why I was so hooked on the app.

LondonDragon

Administrator
UKAPS Team
Isn't it ironic that after only a short time of Tapatalk not working I default to the mobile site most times now 😂 I have to admit it's actually a lot better organised than the app version. I don't know why I was so hooked on the app.
Yeah, like I said I have spent a lot of time and effort customizing the site to make it user-friendly and intuitive on both desktop and mobile that I do not see the point on using Tapatalk and have not done so in years now!
The only reason to use it would be like some other people you use multiple forums and its a nice way to keep it all in the same app!