• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Tank temperature

my windowsill vase is at room temperature so has been dipping just below 19 degrees. Java fern and moss, frogbit, hygro, pennywort and hydrocotyle triparita doing well. Not as well as they were during the summer but that may be down to less light as well. guppies and amanos are fine

You can get flat submersible heaters for dirt cheap online. It's just like a wedge that sticks to the glass.

In the average home water temps should keep warm enough for plants but it depends what fish you have as some will appreciate a cooler winter but others won't. I have mine set at 20c as its the temp my fish prefer over winter but I don't really see the heater on. If I had rams or warmer water fish a heater would be a must. Have a look on seriously fish for fish inhabitants as it gives natural variations in water conditions over the year.

Back