• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Tank raised pygmy puffer needs a home!

I'm happy for you to pick up anytime that suits now - if you're happy you have some livefoods sorted.
I can pick it up tomorrow or during this week after 6PM, whatever suits you best! Just PM me your address and what day suits you best.

Just tell me what you need on the snail/shrimp/grindal worm front. Overrun with everything at the moment
I never say no to extra shrimp! :lol:

I started cultures of blackworms and pond snails and have a few ramshorn snails in my bigger tank, but I'll gladly take a few snails and grindal worms from your hands.

All I can offer in exchange at the moment is some Dwarf Water Lettuce, Duckweed, guppies and/or a few juvenile N-Class Endlers.

The little one is on his new home now!

My big thanks to @markk for allowing me in his house, showing me his tanks, and for offering lots of critters to culture. I have to say he has the best looking mosses and the biggest (and also the smallest baby) pygmy puffers I have ever seen!

I hope to be as good as you are taking care of this little guy/gal.

Thank you!

Heh - not so sure about the mosses!

It was good to meet you. Missing the little guy already - keep us posted!

regards, Mark

Well, the little guy had me worried for a few days... but apparently it's getting a bit more comfortable now!

It was always hiding away and apparently not eating for the first couple of days. So I left a few snails and blackworms in the tank, just in case...

On day 4 I came home after work to a dead snail in the tank, so I was a bit happier... and then I saw it following and trying to nip on a big nerite snail, with no success.

On day 5 I was finally able to see it eat a blackworm as soon as I put it in the tank!

And it was only yesterday that it didn't hide away when I entered the room... it's starting to stare at me, but still runs away if I touch the tank.

Now it's time to start training him to eat dried bloodworm before the holiday season comes... wish me luck! :lol:

Back