• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Tank overhang help

Spamamos

Hi all,

Still messing with different tank options for my next set up.
The space I have is a sunken windowsil so is not in direct light but the sil extends to 290mm when the tank I am looking at is 300mm deep.
My EA600 has the front glass overhanging on the stand as a feature. Can anyone see any issue with placing the tank here? Please see picture with the measurement.

Tank in question is an ADA 60F

Attachments

• 20201116_212642.jpg
    20201116_212642.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 152
I would put a base board of 18mm ply cut to size to put the tank on. All my wood windows sills are not flat so there is the potential for pressure spots

I would put a base board of 18mm ply cut to size to put the tank on. All my wood windows sills are not flat so there is the potential for pressure spots
This is a good shout.

Then have the foam mat on this also.

The other consideration is that the tank will be directly over the radiator.

I don't have it on for long periods, more for short bursts, however would this effect the silicone? I am thinking of going with the 45F as it is only 240mm deep so removes both issues.

The silicone will be fine but your evaporation rate will be higher than if it was away from the radiator.

Back