• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Tank 2 - Dennerle Scaper 35l

mangeltrueman

Going with my first nano tank after getting a Dennerle Scapers 35l for Xmas. First fill test done today, really happy with the way the tank looks, even empty!! After debating back and forth between an Iwagumi style and something more interesting, I decided that the more interesting option wouldn't fit in such a small tank and that I am going to go with an iwagumi of sorts and save the more interesting scape for something larger... maybe tank number 3.

Background is a home made WRGB light box, made from an LED strip, WLED software on an ESP 8266 controller, a few bits of wood and the diffuser out of a broken LED TV set.
Lighting with a chihiros A series MK2 and a Nicrew DImmer Controller.
Filter is a Oase Filtotherm 100 on which im going to run a glass spray bar and not a lily pipe.
CO2 from a Citric Acid/Bicarb mixer bottle, but might integrate into my other tank's CO2 at a later date if it runs out too quickly.

Plants, im thinking of primarily a dwarf hairgrass carpet with some low growing stems, but not fully decided yet. Fauna; shrimps, maybe some ottos but I would like just one focal fish, maybe a betta if i can provide some cover and flow isnt too great. That's still undecided at this point.

Off to aquarium gardens tomorrow to pick up hardscape and soil .... cant wait.

IMG_6090.jpeg

Lots changed since last update, hardscaped, planted and flooded..

Acrylic spraybar which came with the Oase Filter fitted to a glass over tank hook that i got as part of another smaller spraybar kit from Ista.

Tropical Powder, Mountain Rock
Plants :
Eleocharis Acicularis Mini
Cryptocoryne parva
Bucephalandra Mini Needle Leaf

Might add some S. Repens in from another tank top right, but will see how the hairgrass fills out up there first

1641573435258.jpeg

So just over 2 weeks since i flooded this one and its come on a lot. As you can see, the hairgrass has filled out really well. I decided i wanted a betta in this, so have gone ahead and added some stem plants in the background. Strayed from traditional Iwagumi, but Idont think that matters. A Reneckii Mini in the middle and middle right and some Pogostemun Erectus on the back left, both of which I pulled from my other tank. Will see how these turn out, scope to swap them out if needed i guess. Crypt Parva has melted considerably, but there are still some leaves so it should recover. The bucephelandra has melted away a bit, but im not concerned about that.

A little bit of diatoms in here, nothing too bad. I had a massive dump of red cherry shrimp in my other tank, so moved a handful over. So far they are doing OK. Was worried about stressing them out too much but am still doing the regular water changes and they appear happy, feeding them shrimp pellets. Think my cycle is pretty much done as I put media in from my other tank, but still going to leave it a few weeks for the stems to grow out before I start looking for a betta; want him to be comfortable and have cover and shelter.
IMG_3799.jpg

Back