• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

talk to me about co2 reactors

john6

I am at the 'planning what equipment i need' stage and because it will be sumped, most things ive read recommend a co2 reactor, just a couple of things, i presume they are the same as a reactor for a marine sump, namely water goes in one end and comes out the other having reacted with whatever media is inside? I presume it has a nozzle of some sort for the co2 tubing to attach to? I presume the outlet is best placed in the return section of the sump? What is a good reactor to buy, i dont mind paying a premium if it's a premium product.

Thanks @Zeus. Too much modifying and too noisy for me i like silent and plug and play.
Mine was quiet when I was using a bypass, as for plug and play its about as good as you can get for the price. Plus many have found it very effective at getting the pH drop.

Thanks @Zeus. Too much modifying and too noisy for me i like silent and plug and play.
I have found that CO2 reactors are temperamental and often require calibration. This is because they are highly dependent on flow. Too much, and the CO2 bubbles are pushed into the tank. Too little, and the CO2 doesn't dissolve quickly, resulting in a CO2 bubble forming within the reactor, which creates noise. The larger the reactor, the more leeway you have, but strong flow from the pump is needed. However, I've never bought an off-the-shelf solution or used one with a sump, so I can't offer much in the way of specific recommendations.

Back