• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Taking crisp pictures?

Ian Holdich

I thought i'd start a topic regarding, taking a really 'crisp' pic of the aquarium using just the light from the fish tank. I'm currently using a DSRL kit lens (i know no the best), but i'm getting at best the same shots as my cheap point and shoot. Outside pics are second to none, and portraits of people are great! I cannot get a decent pic of my tank!

The best i'm getting is setting the cam to Aperture, then setting my EV to -1.3 an an ISO of 400.

any tips or tricks?

the cam is a Sony alpha 380 with a 18-55mm kit lens.

i use a tripod and the 'f' is 3.5-5.6 on the kit lens. Surely i can get a better pic than a point and shoot with that?

Kit lens could work. Try manual focus not auto on a tripod. I do remove all extra sharpness from the camera settings as i add these after the shot with the camera software.

There are zillions of trick to make a photo even sharper and good contrast with photoshop or other tools.
After resizing an unsharp masking help most of the time.

use as much light as you can when you capture the image. then you can use less ISO and will have less noise.

Back