• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Surface bubbles

Steveb7

After having a problem with water getting into my co2 diffuser causing a really irritating drip drip drip sound every time co2 passed through it,I installed a check valve hoping to prevent any water getting back
20190906_152050.jpg
to the solenoid.but since then the co2 bubbles have been collecting on the surface of the water (see pic).is this a problem apart from not looking very nice? Also, has anyone any ideas how to stop it?

After having a problem with water getting into my co2 diffuser causing a really irritating drip drip drip sound every time co2 passed through it,I installed a check valve hoping to prevent any water getting back View attachment 127285 to the solenoid.but since then the co2 bubbles have been collecting on the surface of the water (see pic).is this a problem apart from not looking very nice? Also, has anyone any ideas how to stop it?

Water will alway get into the Co2 diffuser when the Co2 is not in use, the gas (C02) pressure will force the water out of the diffuser and enter back into it when the gas pressure has depleated, you have done the correct thing add a check valve as you dont want water in the solenoid. As for the bubbles this will always happen when adding co2 using this your method, the way to remove this is to have a slight surface ripple which will dispurse the gas bubbles. there are two way of mixing the gas within the water column so no bubbles within the aquarium
1. use a reactor with bio balls or filter media
2. or as I do place the diffuser under the filter intake pipe and mashes the bubbles up whilst passing through my filter media.

Cheers
Paul

Thanks, my reactor is placed under my filter outlet the way you said but I've just never had a build up of surface bubbles before.usually powerhead pushes co2 round tank and it dosnt rise to the surface like that.

Potentially exaggerated if the water surface has a film or theres not much surface movement to let it break through

I’m a new betta fish owner and I’m concerned about the bubbles in my tank. I could see some bubble nests in the water or attached to the plants in my aquarium. There are even situations where I see debris on the bubble nests. So, to get rid of bubbles in my fish tank, I switched from an air-powered filter to an electrical-powered filter. This type of filter runs very smoothly and quietly without causing any bubbles in the water.

Looks like the biofilm stopping the bubbles from popping at the surface. You could try surface skimmer (never used myself before) or like me create some surface ripple. Also biofilm can build up if plants aren’t too happy…

I’m a new betta fish owner and I’m concerned about the bubbles in my tank. I could see some bubble nests in the water or attached to the plants in my aquarium. There are even situations where I see debris on the bubble nests. So, to get rid of bubbles in my fish tank, I switched from an air-powered filter to an electrical-powered filter. This type of filter runs very smoothly and quietly without causing any bubbles in the water.
Knowing how to get rid of bubbles helped me restore the ecosystem that was in my tank.

Back