• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Surface Agitation

AdAndrews

What should the surface agitation be on a high tech planted tank? should there be any, minimal? i am aware that it drives off co2, but isnt a bit of movement healthy?

what you should do according to amano is raise the lily when lights go out to add o2 to the water for the bacteria. the bacteria get o2 from the plants during the day from photosythesis. high co2 levels can lower the numbers of bacteria in the tank. i have tried this and found that it does help.

samc said:
what you should do according to amano is raise the lily when lights go out to add o2 to the water for the bacteria. the bacteria get o2 from the plants during the day from photosythesis. high co2 levels can lower the numbers of bacteria in the tank. i have tried this and found that it does help.

ok, so none in the day, and some at night, i wouldnt mind adding o2, but the tank is in my room and i cant stand an noisy air pump

I run my high tech tanks with a fair bit of surface distrubance for a high O2 and high CO2 environment.

Dave.

Back