• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Superfish Slim LED 74 conversion into smart light?

MrClockOff

Hello all
This is a little technical question but I wonder if anyone tried this LED controller on Superfish Slim LED 74 or similar lights?
My main intention is to make my lights controllable over internet and also have timer synchronised online. So when power goes down my lighting schedule can fully recover configuration.

Cheers

Hello all
This is a little technical question but I wonder if anyone tried this LED controller on Superfish Slim LED 74 or similar lights?
My main intention is to make my lights controllable over internet and also have timer synchronised online. So when power goes down my lighting schedule can fully recover configuration.

Cheers
Those controllers should work on any constant voltage type lights.
Just need to stay within the electrical parameters..
Usually 12 to 24v power supplies.
Power: 6A/channel Total power max. 15A .DC12V 180W max. DC24V max. 360W.

Superfish Slim LED 74 is 24V, 46W. No amps specs provided but based on given other specs it should be 2A ish. So it looks like everything is within electrical parameters.

Just ordered the bits. Will report my findings once all connected. I really hope that going sleep/waking up feature is equivalent to sunrise/sunset feature on my current timer 😁

Received the bits (controller and DC extension cable 2.1mm to 5.5mm). Cut the cable and connected male bit to controller. Connected power supply and lights to controller and lights light up. Paired with the app and it has dimming and wake/sleep features to replicate sunrise/sunset and dim the light. So just waiting for photoperiod to start and see if all is working as expected!

Edit
Also used SmartThings app to link my Tapo and Smart Life devices into one place. That starts looking awesome.

Last edited:
So thought to write some summary.
Everything went to the plan. New LED controller is worth every penny. I can now fully control my lights with mobile phone. I don’t need to worry anymore that after power cut my photo period will get out of sync with CO2 injection period. All times will be re-synced through WiFi connection. Controller has very much loved feature dimming/brightening lights over time (aka sunset/sunrise). Integrating my Tapo account and Smart Life account into awesome SmartThings mobile app allowed me to have central place to control all my smart gadgets. So for e.g. I have created routine for maintenance which allows with a single tap turn my lights to 100% brightness, turn skimmer, heater and filter off.

Conclusion. If anyone is into smart gadgets I absolutely recommend this setup.

Back