• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Superfish Scaper tank opinions?

Aqua360

Hi all,

As per the title, I was in the LFS today and they have the superfish Scapers 45, 60 and 90 I believe.

I've been aware of these before, but looking at them closely today it looks like a nice little package for the price point, it was approx £100 for the 45 which included tank, light, filtration, and £157 or so for the 60 or 90, can't remember which!

The fact they use a hob is intriguing, I'd have assumed flow rate etc might be an issue, but has anyone got one of these running successfully?

The 90l has a footprint of 60x40, really nice for aquascaping (obviously lol)

I have the 60l and couldn’t be happier, check out my recent journal thread.
I didn’t use the hob filter, instead I’ve used a Oase canister filter.
Great value package even without the hob filter if you ask me 👍

Much like Blau tanks, they are “only” okay. If you want one sort through them and pick the best made one, the panes are rarely aligned well and the silicone work can be good to sloppy.

All the equipment they come with is hard meh.

Much like Blau tanks, they are “only” okay. If you want one sort through them and pick the best made one, the panes are rarely aligned well and the silicone work can be good to sloppy.

All the equipment they come with is hard meh.
Good to know! Have you seen the lights etc working?

I have the 60l and couldn’t be happier, check out my recent journal thread.
I didn’t use the hob filter, instead I’ve used a Oase canister filter.
Great value package even without the hob filter if you ask me
Glad it's working for you! I did see your journal, great job, especially as it's your first Scape?

I have, the light will grow stuff but it feels and looks it’s price point - I’d think it’s rather low in par but can’t say for certain. If using co2 I’d probably risk it.

Haven’t seen the hob working, the tanks I’ve seen have eheim in tank filters being used.

Glad it's working for you! I did see your journal, great job, especially as it's your first Scape?
Thanks, yes my first scape, hence why I went down the “budget” route, but to be honest I’m perfectly happy with the Scaper and wouldn’t hesitate to buy another. I find the light to be adequate but I can’t compare with any other lights, I do use a dimmer/timer with it which works well.

I have the 60l too and as an entry level setup it's been good. I also didn't use the filter that comes with it as it didn't look amazing but the light has been really good. I bought one of the dimmer timers off Ebay I saw people recommending on here and it's been a great light. Plants are all doing well and casts a nice colour in the tank. I do want to upgrade at some point but for learning the basics it's been worth it. The tank is a good size and dimension and the glass doesn't have a green tint.

I do second the comment about the silicone work not being the neatest but once it's all set up it's not something I spend time looking at so for the price I won't complain. If you can pick the neatest looking one out in the shop it should be fine.

Some facts about the lighting, instead of I think that...

Scaper 45,60 and 90 , the Par rating is 269, lumen 3240 (lm), Lux 16100(lx), Kelvin 7300 ( K), CRI is 98

You will love this tank promise

Some facts about the lighting, instead of I think that...

Scaper 45,60 and 90 , the Par rating is 269, lumen 3240 (lm), Lux 16100(lx), Kelvin 7300 ( K), CRI is 98

You will love this tank promise

The PAR is insane on this light (as with most others), when considering I think 90 will grow even the most demanding of plants (I think?)

Oh yeah. Yeah if it really is 90 at substrate will grow basically everything that an entry level hobbyist will want to grow with some semblance of control.

Back