• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Sunset stroll

Derek113

Came across this tree in the local park. Seems it was struck by lightning during Scotlands thunder storm a week or two ago.
image.jpg

Followed by a stroll along the shore as the sun gets ready to set.
image.jpg

Nice...tho' judging by the hollow, and the splintering and the total lack of burnt wood I think it more likely it lost a bough in the wind. The bark would have been striped back as it tore free.

Its most likely but the tree was sporting scorch marks. The tree branch was cut off by a saw. I didnt get a decent photo of the fallen branch (very lerge) but the branch was split up its lenghth and had black scorch marks.
The "split" carrys on for another metre or so up the tree.

Ahh...could be a bit of both then...council worried about its public liability insurance...Best I don't go in to the detail what I think about all that gubbins...it's pretty ugly. Although I guess in this case it may have been warrented.
But normal practice is to under cut the bough first to stop it stripping bark and wood from the main trunk.

Last edited:
Back