• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Sump Filtration

Simundo

I have an 850 Ltr sump filtered discus tank that I want to shut down and convert to soil based natural planted. Would sump filtration be an issue for this?

Yes, I think completely natural and on a bit of a budget. I have a Fluval LED strip over the tank but it's not enough, so I'm going to buy 2 x 20w LED floodlights and try and build the lot into a ceiling hanger over the tank.

Nice those flood lights actually work quite well. You just don’t want to flood the tank too much with light as it will induce algae without enough plants and CO2 injection.

Sumps are the best.. I think if you would go co2 less you still will benefit for aerating the water with a sump depending on its build. I run with sump and had a co2 problem during the lock down here but even with out my pants had minor suffering, and I think it also had to do with having sump..

Just my 2c.. I might be wrong

Back