• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Critique my aquascape Suggestions for more plants!

jermseah

Seedling
my recent 90 x 45 x 45 cm

aquascape... I'm doing a concave style inspired by amano's scape:

i still have plenty of space for more background plants but i need some suggestions as to what type of plants! feel free to input! :)

left side of the tank - cryptocoryne petchii - im not sure if it will turn out nice because the plants seem to be abit to slim and thin to cover the sides

carpet - eleocharis mini (easy for maintenance), middle sides: lilaeopsis brasiliensis

center - cryptocoryne wendtii brown

Note: this scape is not completed yet, as i still may tie more weeping moss on the wood as later, add more anubias petite nana

IMG_3292.JPG
IMG_3293.JPG

This is the back right side of the scape - wendtii green and the back

IMG_3296.JPG

front of the wood - wendtii brown

IMG_3295.JPG

right side again - cryptocoryne petchii.. seems abit less dense to cover the area... wrong plant?

just behind cryptocoryne petchii - echinodorus red chameleon

IMG_3298.JPG

left back side - cryptocoryne affinis and wendtii green

IMG_3297.JPG

cryptocoryne petchii looks abit odd again on the far right side... any suggestions?

IMG_3299.JPG

IMO you could use some stem plants behind the wood to lift the scape and give it more height, also your scape is a bit to symmetrical, but your off to a good start.

Yup, was planning to use some stem but im thinking rotala rotundifolia, or rotala green? the thing i dislike abit stem plants are the aerial roots it will come out eventually! thanks!

Jermseah, I'm not that experienced, so you'll get better advice from others.

Like me, the plants you've picked so far are mostly 'Easy' plants and may be happier with lower lights. It looks like you've got CO2. You may need to watch out for the amount of flow you have, especially if you add stem plants. You could always add a small pump.

Other plants you could take a look at, to add to the wood. The smaller varieties will cost a bit more, but will look much better in terms of scale (one pot will give you several plants):
- Anubias Petite
- Microsorum Pteporus Mini
- Bucephelandra

In terms of stem plants, I've had the following and these may be worth looking at:
- Rotala Rotundifolia (Green is just green). Worth watching Tropica video on how to trim
- Pogostaman Erectus
- Microsorum Umbrosum

I've recently got some Ludwigia Palustris Green, which is turning a little pink. Slightly bigger leaf.

I've fancied trying Limnophilia Vietnam Mini also.

Jermseah, I'm not that experienced, so you'll get better advice from others.

Like me, the plants you've picked so far are mostly 'Easy' plants and may be happier with lower lights. It looks like you've got CO2. You may need to watch out for the amount of flow you have, especially if you add stem plants. You could always add a small pump.

Other plants you could take a look at, to add to the wood. The smaller varieties will cost a bit more, but will look much better in terms of scale (one pot will give you several plants):
- Anubias Petite
- Microsorum Pteporus Mini
- Bucephelandra

In terms of stem plants, I've had the following and these may be worth looking at:
- Rotala Rotundifolia (Green is just green). Worth watching Tropica video on how to trim
- Pogostaman Erectus
- Microsorum Umbrosum

I've recently got some Ludwigia Palustris Green, which is turning a little pink. Slightly bigger leaf.

I've fancied trying Limnophilia Vietnam Mini also.

thanks for the input :)

yup i have a canister and a power head of the right side of my tank to add to the flow for the time being..

so far, this is only 50% of my ideal tank, ive yet to add more plants... thats why doing step by step to make changes here and there.

Back