• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Sub's 5.4g Mini-M-ish Ohko Iwagumi

Sub1117

Seedling
Hey all, this is my first post/journal on this forum, although I frequent this site quite a lot.

My old aquascape sprung a leak a few weeks ago, which ultimately prompted me to buy a new tank. I've always wanted an ADA nano tank, but the price never agreed with me. So, shopping around my lfs, I found a high clarity, 5.4 gallon nano made my Aquatop that actually has the exact dimensions of an ADA mini-M, for only 30$ too. This is why I say Mini-M-ish haha. :)

Here's how it looked like going through the scaping process:
G65X62x.jpg
WnqflZd.jpg
5AtFKeT.png

And I finally ended up with this:
wsNHmfu.jpg

I'll be running CO2, but I haven't really found a light that works well enough. I'm currently using a 24" 1x t5ho fixture, but I don't plan on using it for the tank's whole duration. Any lighting suggestions that aren't insanely expensive are very appreciated.

Hi
Welcome to the UKaps gang!:thumbup:
Nice little set-up...the right hand side piece of Dragon stone doesn't look right!
Looks too top heavy for my liking.
You could remove it or switch it around!
There is lots of reasonable priced LEDs on the market now...try Ebay or Amazon!
Keep us posted:thumbup:
hoggie

Welcome and the layout looks great. Looking forward seeing the tank evolve.

Thanks for your replies.
Ive noticed the right side just doesnt look right..yet. i may try to build up substrate and add more stone to accomodate for the right side if the arch, because i really like the arch concept and dont really want to take it out. Building substrate to mirror the left side is probably my best bet to balance the scape

Hey all, this is my first post/journal on this forum, although I frequent this site quite a lot.

My old aquascape sprung a leak a few weeks ago, which ultimately prompted me to buy a new tank. I've always wanted an ADA nano tank, but the price never agreed with me. So, shopping around my lfs, I found a high clarity, 5.4 gallon nano made my Aquatop that actually has the exact dimensions of an ADA mini-M, for only 30$ too. This is why I say Mini-M-ish haha. :)

Here's how it looked like going through the scaping process:
View attachment 84696View attachment 84697View attachment 84698

And I finally ended up with this:
View attachment 84699

I'll be running CO2, but I haven't really found a light that works well enough. I'm currently using a 24" 1x t5ho fixture, but I don't plan on using it for the tank's whole duration. Any lighting suggestions that aren't insanely expensive are very appreciated.

Have you glued stones or just stacked them?

Ah, sorry for the lack of updates. Schooling really tore me away from the tank, so it turned into a moss only, non Co2, low maintenance shrimp tank. Decided to take it down maybe a week or two from now.
Although it was neglected for most of it's up time, it still came out decent I'd say! :)

Here's the end photo:
qfSsqod.png

Thanks for following!

Back