• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Strange prob

RudeDogg1

I really can't figure out what the hell is going on. I have a jbl reg ect going through a up inline atomiser. I had it turned off for about 2 weeks cyz u had a hair algea outbreak which I was zapping with excell. Before I turned it off I had a lime green dc. Since I've turned it back on the bubble rate has slowed so much it's barely bubbling even tho nothing has been changed, the tank is about 3/4 full, when u turn the needle valve up it makes no difference, the pressures are all fine. Now I stripped it all down and the co2 is blowing thru fine, attach it back up and it slows again. So I cleaned the atomiser and still no diff. Any ideas before the hair algae comes back? Could the atomiser be knackered and it's causing some kinda back pressure?

Atomisers have very fine holes so yes, whilst it's been turned off they could have become blocked. Try another atomiser to be sure. Be interesting to know if they can be cleaned effectively?

Is that summut u can buy in Wilkos? We have very low kh so doubt it's calcium. Think I'm gonna soak in peroxide and rinse then soak I that stuff and try it again

Well I guess maybe there are different types? I only mentioned Citric acid as the last descaler I used on the kettle said "ingredients "Citric Acid"

Back