• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Strange EHEIM 2028 issue after power cut

kitch

HI All,

Recently had a power cut in the house and once the power returned, I noticed that the filter wasn't working.
You could slightly hear the impeller, but there was no flow.

I resolved it (until the next power cut), by turning it off, disconnecting the hose housing and reconnecting the power. The impeller kicked in properly, spurting some water out. I immediately turned it off, reconnected the hoses, powered up and the flow cycle began perfectly.

Now to test if this was a one off, I turned off the fuse box to simulate a power cut, restore power and again, the filter failed to flow. Repeated the above fix and all working again.

Any suggestions as to what may have caused this?

Cheers

I ran a Juwel filter on a timer so was off in the evening when our lounge was occupied and sometimes the filter just didn't restart when power was reapplied at 11pm in my case.

My situation was improved by getting a new impellor, so maybe its time for a replacement for your filter.

Could get a UPS if really worried, depends how many power cuts you get.

Yeah, UPS is on the list. I will get a new impeller too. Thanks.
Don't actually get that many power cuts, but sods law states it'll be when I'm away for a few days now that I've discovered this little niggle

Back