• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Storing and re-using plants when re aquascaping

Squib

Seedling
Hi, new user here, just been lurking in the background and taking in all the useful info that is available, such a great resource so well done all.

So i've had my aquarium for about 3 months, realised that id actually like to now strip it down and do it again, now i've had a first attempt!

I will re house the fish in a temporary tub and move the filter/heater onto that, so they should be fine for a few days, however id like to re use some crypts that have grown well in the current set up, whats the best way to store them for them once uprooted for 24 hours or so whilst i re work the tank, any tips?!

Any help appreciated!

Hi, new user here, just been lurking in the background and taking in all the useful info that is available, such a great resource so well done all.

So i've had my aquarium for about 3 months, realised that id actually like to now strip it down and do it again, now i've had a first attempt!

I will re house the fish in a temporary tub and move the filter/heater onto that, so they should be fine for a few days, however id like to re use some crypts that have grown well in the current set up, whats the best way to store them for them once uprooted for 24 hours or so whilst i re work the tank, any tips?!

Any help appreciated!

Hi. :) 24 hours? Keep them floating in the same tub with the fish.. No problem.. Kept crypts for weeks floating around in my bin tank..

thanks! that was my current plan, hoping i can take them out, re scape and re plant in a day, if not it will go into the next day but reckon it should be fine, il see how i get on. !

If you want to store them for longer you can also put them in a glas or plastic container with some soil. just keep them moist and they will be fine

Back