• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
  • Most of the remaining team are off on holiday meaning the forum does not have sufficient cover. As such the site will be placed in maintenance mode where it can be viewed but no posts/threads can be made and will remain this way until August 11th, apologies for the inconvience.

Stopping redmoor from floating

fish.com1

Hi,

I've found a layout I am happy with (finally :lol: ), and it is basically redmoor "branches" rooted into the substrate. I need a way of holding the branches in place so they won't float. Soaking them isn't really an option, because I would like to set up the tank soon, but because they are just single branches and not attached to a stump, would they soak quicker than normal? I would be happy waiting for 3 weeks max if this would work, but if it is going to take over a month say, I would rather use a differnet method.

I would appreciatte any thoughts on the soaking and any other ideas people have 🙂

Thanks
Alex

boiling will help to a certain degree in my experience or siliconing them to pebbles or slate.

Lead is fish safe, just don't drink your tank water. :lol:

I wouldn't worry about adding lead to the water system either as there are still houses out there with lead piping in them.

Sorry for the late reply guys 😳

Thanks for all the ideas, I think I am going to try boiling it to make it sink. Only thing is though, the box I am going to use to boil the wood in, is plastic. Will it melt when i pour boiling water from the kettle in?

Cheers
Alex

Back