• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Stocking Help Please

TarkMalbot

At present I have 6 Silver Shark in my 5 foot 425 litre tank. I am going to be swapping them at my LFS. I think they will get too big for this tank and as they are very fast moving and sensitive to movement they flip around the tank and uproot the plants and I don't want to put any more fish in there with them and have it too crowded.

With smaller and slower moving fish I think I will be able to take up more water space with decoration and plants so I am thinking of keeping the glass catfish I already have and adding Cory, Rainbow fish, Pearl Gourami & Lemon Tetra of something.

Does anyone else have any suggestions of what I should put in this tank?
Thanks.

If you're looking for decent sized tetras then definitely look at Bleeding Heart Tetras and Diamond Tetras. Both look awful and washed out in shop tanks but give them 6 months to a year and they look stunning. Some of the barbs are a great choice too - Puntius nigrofasciatus is one of my favourites.

Yes I am thinking of the Ruby Barb as I too like them and would love to add some colour to the tank. Its very monochrome at the moment with Silver Shark and Glass Catfish.

My wife has 5 bar barbs in the other tank and they look fantastic now they have settled in with electric blue stripes running through the dark stripes.

Would Spotted Blue Eye and Yellow Forktail Rainbow fish be suitable?

I have gone for Ruby Barbs, Lemon Tetra, Purple Emperor Tetra, Western Rainbowfish, Blue Rainbowfish and Boesemani Rainbowfish.

Looking forward to them all settling in and the colours coming out.

I've got a thing for Oedessa barbs. They colour up beautifully when they're settled.

Back