• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Stocking density

Jadabean

I am setting up a new display planted tank and have found much of the advice on stocking confusing and hope to get thoughts from experienced fishkeepers. My tank will be 140cm L x 50cmD x 60cmH and400Ltrs volume - it is filtered by 2 x Eheim classic 600 filters with sponge media - proposed livestock is 75% Glowlight Danio (assume 3.5cm) and 25% Corydoras (assume 5.5cm)

Any avice would be most welcome

Have you tried plugging your details into AqAdvisor?
Its one of the better calculators as it doesnt use overly simplified rules of thumb to do the calculations.
It is a little bit on the conservative side however. If it doesnt have your specific fish species, choose one that is closely related and/or of similar size and bulk.
You should be able to fit quite a few corys and danios in a 400 liter :thumbup:
I think it will look quite nice with your selection, not too big fish species but rather decent groups of them and they will have enough space to stretch their fins 😊

Hi all,
Any avice would be most welcome
Just get a reasonable shoal of each, numbers are probably dependent on how much you are willing to spend. I'd still add them in two tranches, but it doesn't matter which order the fish are added. I wouldn't add the fish until the <"plants are grown in">.

I might go for fifty <"Celestichthys (Danio) choprae"> and twenty <"Corydoras (ln . 9) panda">?

It is a large volume of water in a planted tank, so you would need to add a lot of fish to <"overwhelm the biological filtration">. Personally I don't like tanks that <"look too busy">.

cheers Darrel

Back