• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Stocking advice,please advise

lurcher

Ihave a large tank,L39” H26”. W16”. 265lts.,, planted,efx 400 external filter plus internal filter. Stock is
1 sae,4rainbows,8cardinals,3yoyo loaches,4neons,1pearl gourami. I want to rescue14 bronze corydoras,is my tank large enough to house them. I do 30% water changes weekly and every thing in aquarium is healthy.
the cories are in a neglected small tank and I would like to rehome them. I’m not able to work out tank size to amount of fish,hence my request for help from members who understand stocking levels.THANK YOU.

Can’t you rescue and take to a LFS?

You might be able to house them if you upped your waterchange to 80% weekly.

But I’d make the decision with your head and not your heart.

It would seem better to get a few more neon and cardinals, and another pearl gourami, and give 7 of the Cory away. Unless the neons and cardinals are very happy to swim together.

I personally don't think you'd have any issues whatsoever. The cardinals and neons will have a small bioload so the rest depends on the size of your other fish. Yo yo loaches can get a fair size and so can pearl gouramis. Some rainbows are chunky also so it depends on the species, if they are praecox for instance you'd have less of a problem than boesmani.

So the tank is approx 100cm L x 40cm D x 66cm H. To me that would be fine to take the bronze corydoras (seriouslyfish base dimensions say 80cm x 30cm floor space and yours is bigger). Take care that the cories look really healthy, as when fish are stressed they are more likely to pick up diseases which could spread in your tank. They also need a fine sand area to be healthy so make sure your tank has that.

If I was you I would also add some more neons to get to a school of 15 minimum, and the same with the cardinals to get to 15 minimum as they prefre to live in groups and your tank is a good size. Most of your fish thrive in groups, so it's worth researching them again and seeing how you could stock your tank to help all your fish thrive, as you want to do for this bronze cories.

Also consider that yoyo loaches can get quite big eventually - up to 6 inches so you might want to start thinking about where they could be rehomed to or a bigger tank. They also like to be in groups. Seriouslyfish.com says a minimum tank size of 120cm L when they get bigger (and probably more than that is needed in reality with other fish).

I think they’d be fine. Keep up on the maintenance.

There’s a good argument to be made that the tank could be “better” with changes in stocking, but that’s subjective.

planted,efx 400 external filter plus internal filter. Stock is
1 sae,4rainbows,8cardinals,3yoyo loaches,4neons,1pearl gourami. I want to rescue14 bronze corydora
Don't see a problem with adding these to a tank this size, I do however see a problem with adding 14 corydoras in one hit. Is it possible to add the fish one piece at a time?

Back