• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Stinking Manzanita

JohnC

On a mountain in the Highlands of Scotland
Hi,

I've been presoaking batches of Manzanita to get rid of tannins and make it sink but some of the buckets have started to really stink of rotting fart gas. Should I be worried about eventually sticking this wood in my tank?

Thanks,
John

How often are you changing the water as it will stagnate if you don't replace it regularly?

Ady34 said:
How often are you changing the water as it will stagnate if you don't replace it regularly?

Had been once every few days for a bit but it might have been 6 days since last time.....

JohnC said:
Ady34 said:

Had been once every few days for a bit but it might have been 6 days since last time.....

I think you just answered your own question 8) Best to change it daily to start :) Think of it as a natural product in which things have lived and died ;)

Back