• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Still aquascaping...

Yeah trouble free scaping. It's been well over a year now without issue, the only thing I have to worry about is the wood is becoming very thin in places and even pieces breaking off where the wood eating plecs have munched through.......may need a rescape soon!

Great woodscape :)

Do you mind listing stock?
Hi, no problem.

White tip Bentosi tetra
Rummy nose tetra
Cardinal tetra
Black neon tetra
Corydoras duplicareus
Dwarf chain loach
Crying whiptail catfish
Banjo catfish
Bristle nose plecs
Clown plecs
1 random dwarf neon rainbowfish which came in with the Bentosi tetra when I bought them as jouveniles
1 angelfish
Couple of nerite snails

Bit of a random selection :D
Cheerio

That's stunning! What kind of lighting are you using?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi iggynig,
the lighting is an Arcadia classica otl led. I'm just running the RGB (red green and blue) led's so minimal lighting and a really rich colour that enhances the fish.
Cheerio
Ady

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMG_2422.JPG
Hello again :wave:
Upgraded to a slightly bigger tank last year after getting the discus bug.....
Unfortunately no plants again, but easy to look after :D
Hope everyone is ok?
Ady.

Wow very smart to have only wood in there! Lovely tank!

I don't know how you were tempted not to chuck in some Java fern on that wood!!

Wow very smart to have only wood in there! Lovely tank!

I don't know how you were tempted not to chuck in some Java fern on that wood!!
Thanks Rebel,
Couple of times I was tempted but ease of maintenance was a priority.
Cheerio.

Hello Ady, it was an awesome scape and tank...any plans for another?
Cheers Tim, yes plans for another smaller tank. I’m considering planted again but I will see when I’m in the new house and have the tank in front of me. Getting one of the Aquascaper tanks so back to rimless braceless optiwhite :cool:
Cheerio.

Last edited:
Cheers Tim, yes plans for another smaller tank. I’m considering planted again but I will see when I’m in the new house and have the tank in front of me. Getting one of the Aquascaper tanks so back to rimless bracelets optiwhite :cool:
Cheerio.
Hey Ady, great to hear you may be rejoining the planted world. What size aquascape tank are you getting? Let me know if your planning a trip to aquarium gardens at all and I'll meet you over there.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Hey Ady, great to hear you may be rejoining the planted world. What size aquascape tank are you getting? Let me know if your planning a trip to aquarium gardens at all and I'll meet you over there.

Hi Iain, 1500 aquascaper tank I have on order and yes I’m planning a trip at some point to aquarium gardens to pick up some bits and pieces so will let you know. I fancied the twinstar sp lights but they don’t seem to be dimmable so may look at alternatives.
Cheerio.

Hi Iain, 1500 aquascaper tank I have on order and yes I’m planning a trip at some point to aquarium gardens to pick up some bits and pieces so will let you know. I fancied the twinstar sp lights but they don’t seem to be dimmable so may look at alternatives.
Cheerio.
Nice size tank fella, sounds good just let me know when your making the trip

Kessils directly wired into the ceiling is the way to go mate... total minimalism!

Very nice tank...:cool: Kessils are very cool, and the glitter lines are awesome.

However, the Twinstar S range is dimmable, Aquarium Gardens sell a dimmer for around a tenner. Also there is this you can use to programme light intensity, sunrises and sunsets etc http://www.hinterfeld.com/hinterfeld-programable-smart-controller-for-led-fan-dc-pump/. I've one on order; bought a Twinstar SA last week.

There's a thread about it here https://www.ukaps.org/forum/threads...e-smart-controller-for-led-fan-dc-pump.52979/

Count me in too if you're going to Aquarium Gardens.
A09283-N1__96403.1526276309.1280.1280.jpg

Nice size tank fella, sounds good just let me know when your making the trip

Kessils directly wired into the ceiling is the way to go mate... total minimalism!

Yeah they look great but I’m not too sure on the spectrum, looks a bit cold for what I like but I’ll need to see them in person to tell.

Very nice tank...:cool: Kessils are very cool, and the glitter lines are awesome.

However, the Twinstar S range is dimmable, Aquarium Gardens sell a dimmer for around a tenner. Also there is this you can use to programme light intensity, sunrises and sunsets etc http://www.hinterfeld.com/hinterfeld-programable-smart-controller-for-led-fan-dc-pump/. I've one on order; bought a Twinstar SA last week.

There's a thread about it here https://www.ukaps.org/forum/threads...e-smart-controller-for-led-fan-dc-pump.52979/

Count me in too if you're going to Aquarium Gardens.
A09283-N1__96403.1526276309.1280.1280.jpg

Thanks for the info Tim, I found a link on ukaps about dimmers on the twinstars but it hadn’t been updated recently and there were only dimmers for the e series lights then but good to know there is one available now :thumbup: I’ll have a read of the hinterfeld one properly later.

Ill let you both know when I’m planning on visiting aquarium gardens....you can update me on the current theories and equipment :bookworm:
Cheers
Ady

I love the colour rendition of the Twinstar S series, it really makes the colours of the fish and plants pop. It's the closest I've seen to my old Arcadia T5 combo of Freshwater and Tropical Sunlight lamps. Apparently the ADA Solar RGB is even better, but that's mega bucks.

I love the colour rendition of the Twinstar S series, it really makes the colours of the fish and plants pop. It's the closest I've seen to my old Arcadia T5 combo of Freshwater and Tropical Sunlight lamps. Apparently the ADA Solar RGB is even better, but that's mega bucks.
Ha, yeah I looked at the ada rgb as greenaqua did a colour test video on different lights and that looked great.....but wow £££. The twinstars looked to be a pretty warm light which is more what I prefer and at a reasonable price..... I guess I will see in the flesh at aquarium gardens which is why I want to visit. Knowing there are timer/dimmer options too has pretty much made my mind up. Thanks again for the info :thumbup:

Back