• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Steve's Vivarium 2011 nano.

Steve Smith

So, I figure it's been a while since I had a scape running (not that I ever seem to finish them!) and with the upcoming Vivarium show, and with Mark and Matt both showing off their awesome nanos, I should get in on it!

Tank is my TGM opti-white nano. It will probably run an Eheim 2213, injected CO2 (possibly via UP Aqua atomiser) and lighting will be an 18w Aquadistri compact. I'll either dose TPN+ or EI. Substrate will be something like ADA or Oliver Knott soil, depending on what I can get my hands on. I have a little of both but not enough for this scape, even when combined. I'll probably be padding it out with and under layer of gravel though.

Made a sketch of what I want to achieve (fiddled in photoshop to colour):

5251691318_abbac7395a_b.jpg

And here's an initial play about:

5250901489_6f08338ef8_b.jpg

Planting (if you can't read my handwriting!):
Microsorum pteropus "narrow"
Hydrocotyle sibthorpiodes
Eleocharis parvula
Glossostigma elatinoides

Fairly simple, I hope :)

More to follow, but this will probably be started after Christmas :)

Hi steve,i have a small bag of flora base you can have,scape has potential mate and i like the plant choice,
give me a ring about the soil,
regards,
john.

SteveUK said:
Ace, nice one John :) Will probably be tomorrow if that's OK.

Ring me in the morning as i have a photo shoot in the afternoon,

cheers john.

With the combination of the sketch and the photo of the tank with the wood placement I can get a really clear picture in my mind of how it will look planted up.... it's a really nice picture :)

Thanks Ricky :)

I just want to get this started now, but time/cash restraints are putting a hold to it right now. I guess as I'm away for about a week over xmas it'd be best to wait until I get back!

Back