• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Stealth at Thorpe Park

JamesC

Anybody here been on Stealth at Thorpe Park? For those that have no idea what I'm on about - http://www.themeparks-uk.com/thorpe_park_stealth.html. It's the highest roller coaster in Europe.

I'm addicted to it. The new improved Stealth accelerates you from 0 to 80 mph in 1.8 seconds and then hurls you vertical up 205 feet. If you're in the front you get weightless going over the top to then go down vertical for 205 feet. Best thing I've been on in my life. Now that I'm a fourty something I'm having a second chilhdhood all over again. Wish there was something like this when I was younger. Got a Merlin Pass so I can visit as often as I like now.

Booked into Alton Towers Hotel for a couple of nights this summer so shall see how Rita Queen of Speed compares. Garuf, you still driving the monorail?

James

I've got loads of mates working there. It seems like all the people I meet in my local pub just happened to work in alton tower. Lol. Wonder if I can sneak in through the back door?

In the summer holidays there's going to be a ukaps alton towers trip watch this space...

sorry, yes guys I'm still working on the monorail, not driving yet, first drugs tests now training shouldn't be long though, then I'm a fully passed out driver.
They'll be sad to change my job role, I load trains like a pro. :lol:

I went on Stealth about 6 months ago.

It's the first ride a couple of work mates and I went on after a massive drinking binge and 2 hours sleep. It sure sobered me up! The acceleration was the most impressive thing for me. Pretty cool.

You can't beat a fast jet though, apparently...

They're all owned by the same people, so they fix prices across the parks so they're all similar prices.
That said I've heard talk at the towers that some of the rides from both Chessington and Thorpe are coming here next year to try and boost revenues and to soften the blow of a price hike.

Just popped into Thorpe Park after work today to have a few rides on the stealth but it was closed due to technical problems :( . Had to settle with a few rides on Colossus which holds the world record for the number of upside downs on a single ride at 10.

Been close on 15 years since I was last at Alton Towers so haven't much idea to what it's like now. I'll find out at the end of July though :D

Thorpe park is quite a small park really but has some great rides. Not so much for the younger family member. Chessington is much more family orientated with a good selection of rides for everyone. Legoland is also quite good now for a young family day out. Main problem at Legoland is that they are so slow at getting people on and off the rides which makes the queues really long at busy times.

I managed to get a merlin card at a discount for £78 for a whole year of free entry to all these parkes and also get 20% off all food and merchandise.

James

Back