• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Staurogyne Repens stunted growth

lazybones51

I have been struggling with the Staurogyne Repens in one of my tanks. It's been growing emersed quite happily in a propagator on my window cill for a while now. Over a couple of weeks I took selection of cuttings and planted them in this aquarium, however now they've converted to submersed growth they seem to be suffering some kind of deficiency. As you can see from the images the leaves are thin/narrow, they're also very pale compared with their original emersed versions. I'm dosing full EI along with liquid carbon, no pressurised CO2, LED lighting on for 5 hours. About 8x turn over using a spray bar pointing towards the front of the aquarium, these plants are all moving gently in the flow.

IMG_4295.JPG

IMG_4297.JPG

These were put in slightly later, you can see the original leaves vs the new submersed versions. I need to have a tidy up and remove some of the dying old leaves.

IMG_4296.JPG

Any clues as to what the issue may be?

Back