• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Staurogyne repens and nitrate?

Michael1212

Hi folks, last week I stopped dosing nitrate then saw this happen to the staurogyne repens:

20210626_103456.jpg

Another possibility is that the root tabs in the area have depleted, because this is the only affected patch. There is a co2 drop checker nearby that goes lime green to yellow. What else might cause this? And should I just go back to dosing full nitrate? I'm trying to get my rotala to redden up.

probably need more info for the experts here to help you.

its really surprising for the plant to be in this condition if you are pumping so much CO2 that drop checker turns yellows., because this is one plant that doesn't mind 30 degree heat (noticed you are from Singapore).

Hi folks, last week I stopped dosing nitrate then saw this happen to the staurogyne repens:

View attachment 171187

Another possibility is that the root tabs in the area have depleted, because this is the only affected patch. There is a co2 drop checker nearby that goes lime green to yellow. What else might cause this? And should I just go back to dosing full nitrate? I'm trying to get my rotala to redden up.
What are your current nitrate levels without dosing? If you're bottoming out on nitrates because of it, it's not surprising.

Thanks Courtney, going to go back to dosing everything and see if that clears up the problem. Also noticed that my new bolbitis leaves were coming in a bit yellow. Hopefully the extra nitrate sorts that all out.

Hi,

I'd also assume that the sudden decrease in nitrate is the main cause for the stunted growth. Staurogyne is quite a good indicator plant that shows deficiencies quite quickly and conspicuously. If you want to get red plants maybe try to decrease your nitrate level a bit slower and not as sudden (but I'm no expert on red plants ;) ).

Cheers!

Back