• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Spread rate of epiphytes

castle

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could give estimates on the spread rate of a plant you’ve attached to a rock, or wood etc

The reason why I asked this is because I have anubias that are years old, but while they have created plenty of new leaves and roots their rhizome is almost as it was when I bought it.

Which reminds me…

Ray had this scape in Scaped Nature:

IMG_5788.jpeg

How long does something like this take to grow? How much buce should I start with? 😅

I’d say this probably will take a year with single buce and anubias plant in optimal conditions? I’m just comparing with my tank where I used two pots of each.
I found that if you are on the budget then if you cut off a plantlet once in a month or two and replant the cuttings.

This is after a year

Attachments

• IMG_6879.jpeg
    IMG_6879.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_7580.jpeg
    IMG_7580.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 13
From my own tank, it looks to be around 2 years growth. Though thats probably highly influenced by lighting levels and Co2.

My own tank has around 25 to 30 lumens/l and I can split that scape into 5 pots that would turn into that in a couple of years. Thats running with 30ppm of co2.

Back