• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Sponge filters, what air pump size

john arnold

Hi
Going to make a 3 tier rack with 2 x 600x300x300mm tanks on each with a divider in each and going to use sponge filters in each.
That’s 12x sponge filters(aquarium sponge filter pk 200) any idea on what single air pump would drive them all ok?
I have never used sponge filters before so totally new to them.
They will house fish for nano tanks and shrimp so no big messy fish

Last edited:
Hi all,
any idea on what single air pump would drive them all ok?
You want a "piston pump", the cheap ones are plenty powerful, but noisy. Have a look at "Hailea". If you go onto a more fish orientated forum they should be able to advise you on a suitable size and make.

A lot of US forums recommend Jehmco and Danner pumps, but I'm not sure they are widely available in the UK.

There might be something in <"Corydoras breeder with planted tanks">.

cheers Darrel

Hi all,

You want a "piston pump", the cheap ones are plenty powerful, but noisy. Have a look at "Hailea". If you go onto a more fish orientated forum they should be able to advise you on a suitable size and make.

A lot of US forums recommend Jehmco and Danner pumps, but I'm not sure they are widely available in the UK.

There might be something in <"Corydoras breeder with planted tanks">.

cheers Darrel
Hi
Ok that’s good info I have somewhere to start now

Thanks

Back