• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Spoke to soon

Deano3

Think i spoke to soon as update jurnal saying no algae issues however i spotted this on some of the 53b, my drop checker could maybe be a little lighter at lights on so will up it and flow seems good i think it is either staghorn or bba i have a 45p and usually dose 2ml excel daily.

Should i try and spot dose excel onto the algae ? Before feeding the fish.

I may also over feed slightly so will try do less.
Hopefully my 4 ottos will help aswel and shrimp.

Thanks dean

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
ddbb6b1201166923e0b4c0748c69ffe4.jpg
495cbbe91de52209e1aadc4e0f692fbc.jpg

Looks like staghorn algae. Otos and shrimp won't touch it unfortunately. Well shrimp will be only once it is dead

I'm guessing your tank is new? Have a Google re staghorn and causes

I struggled with it on my new tank. Started 6 weeks in and probably latest about 6 weeks before disappearing

If you keep on top of the likely causes it will hopefully just run its course like mine did

You can also manually remove and spot dose too, which will both help

I will spot dose tomorro before lights on and do a water change and try remove from leaves best i can, i will just do a drop or so on each part woth excell.

I will also open the main filter up for a clean as only done once before. And tank is around 2 months old now.

Thanks for help any other recomendations appreciated.

Thanks dean

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Manually remove with a toothbrush as much as u can and as often as possible. Reducing light intensity by raising the lights a bit will help. Eventually they will disappear as the tank settles in by which I mean that ur plants settle in. So just a matter of time. Until then manual removal is the best way forward stag horn. Spot dosing works better with bba. Keep us posted

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Back