• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Spiderwood in substrate

Nigel95

If I bury my Spiderwood 'trees' in substrate and lay a few small lava rocks around it. How big is the chance of it floating up? I will soak them in a Bucket but they will be standing weeks in a dry start. The roots will be glued on the 'trees'.

IMG_5115.JPG

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

I would think they'll be OK if you make the submersion process quite gradual, rather than filling up the whole tank in one go. I love the right side of the scape, but the left side doesn't quite have the same depth - I think because the sizes of the vertical 'trunks' are more uniform

I would think they'll be OK if you make the submersion process quite gradual, rather than filling up the whole tank in one go. I love the right side of the scape, but the left side doesn't quite have the same depth - I think because the sizes of the vertical 'trunks' are more uniform

I tried some tiny pieces in the back on the left but it was distracting.

I would play it safe and submerge them in large tubs first; they are really very buoyant at the start, so much so that even with a couple of lava rocks; I suspect one side of them would rise, totally ruining any dry scaping.

It took roughly a week for my small pieces to waterlog weighed in a bucket, so it shouldn't be a ridiculous amount of time to wait

I would play it safe and submerge them in large tubs first; they are really very buoyant at the start, so much so that even with a couple of lava rocks; I suspect one side of them would rise, totally ruining any dry scaping.

It took roughly a week for my small pieces to waterlog weighed in a bucket, so it shouldn't be a ridiculous amount of time to wait

All pieces are chilling in a tub for atleast 4 More weeks. My concern is the wood drying out during my dry start to attach the mosses.

View attachment 109051

All pieces are chilling in a tub for atleast 4 More weeks. My concern is the wood drying out during my dry start to attach the mosses.

View attachment 109051

I see, that is a concern; you could attach the mosses individually, let them dry appropriately then test them in the tub to see if they sink again; then once all are mossed and sinking it lets you scape quickly

Back