• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Sourcing a 60x30x30 Tank

Buggy

I've been mentally planning a small set-up that I'd like to have as a place to house cuttings from my main tank, whilst also as a place for a small colony of shrimp to live. The idea being that I can move some shrimp over here and there if they're happy enough to breed.

It will be situated on what is essentially a kitchen counter, but in reality it's in my living room. My very small home is a little odd, to say the very least.

When I've come to look for a tank I tend to find the same few that, although tempting, leave me with the impression that they may be a tad weak structurally. Purely because most things are too good to be true. For example, Diversa comes up a lot.

What kind of thickness should I be looking for? The tank doesn't have to be those exact dimensions, but the depth and height can't be much more at all.

Are there any keywords I should be looking out for? Perhaps in terms of rims and silicone.

I don't need anything amazing, but more a tank that I know will have the ability to last a long time if treated correctly.

Eheim and tetra offer the same tanks for similar money in their starter sets and are often very cheap. (Look for the play mobile set from tetra, that’s often 30€).
Otherwise, clearseal’s 24x12x12 was very easy and cheap to find in my part of the country and was usually available braced or braceless and was 6mm glass from memory.

I've (what I think is) a clearseal 30"x12"x12" in my kitchen - it does have a back/front brace but the top black trim came off easily. I think it's 6mm glass.

The answer here is Aquaels new tank which is opti white and exactly those dimensions

Its only £60 from Riverwood aquatics too.
After spending about 90 minutes gathering stock into my cart it turns out that a couple of things aren't available for delivery, even though it doesn't state that on the item page. I'll try and find that tank elsewhere as it looks perfect.

Its available at aquarium gardens, but again, I don't think they post tanks.
Due to a health condition I'm usually stuck to what I can reach via train, but obviously when it comes to tanks that's not always viable.

I of course understand why companies would not deliver tanks, so I'll make do with something closer to home.

Thanks for letting me know about Aquael.

Maybe try pro-shrimp? They sell the Leddy 60 which is those dimensions but a full kit. Might be worth asking if they can order you the other style if you'd prefer it.

Maybe try pro-shrimp? They sell the Leddy 60 which is those dimensions but a full kit. Might be worth asking if they can order you the other style if you'd prefer it.
I did find that, yeah. I'm certainly not looking for a full kit, which is what put me off, but I haven't contacted them to ask either. I'll give that a shot, thanks for the suggestion.

While I'm here, and if anybody knows.. When a tank is sold with a lid, is the lid ever structurally important to the build of the tank, or it can always be merely taken off?

Riverwood aquatics do post tanks to a certain size, they posted me one a few months ago! Perfectly packaged too.

Back