• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

soon to be wabi kusa

sa80mark

Went to quote a job today and came across this beast so I thought go on then lets have a go at a wabi :)

N9EZlKf.jpg

AOcqY0M.jpg

Shameless PFK plug :p looking forward to seeing what you do with this

Lol I didnt even think about that

I can't wait too, I am also currently experimenting with emersed growing and starting to have some success with Ludwigia Repens.

Thanks michael
This is going to be probably more a case of learning what works and what doesnt, when it comes to emersed growing I know nothing. So ive got a few plants in mind so fingers crossed I can achieve something with it :)

Im not to sure yet, Ive got to look into it more but a few I would like to try are

Fissidens, Utricularia graminifolia, Bacopa monnieri, anubias nana, HC, riccia

After far to long ive finally managed to get this planted :)
Ive just this second finished it hench the water on the glass

Plants are xmas moss, Fissidens, Alternanthera reineckii mini and Hemianthus callitrichoides

Ive got no idea at all if this is going to work but its all good fun and learning along the way

Enjoy

ELKIjVc.jpg

gI7FN3t.jpg

Thank you :) its a loose copy of one ive seen on Google images they used glosso and a red ludwigia, upto now its doing really well early days but im a lot more hopeful than I was :)

I use Ludwigia But you have to grow it through other plants as gets tall and floppy Or keep cutting it back. Reineckii mini Will look fab and stays low. I Will give this plant a go Never thought of that one Do you use tropica 123 pots Or of cuts from other plants

Yes this is tropica 1-2 grow I used half a pot in this and the other half in my dennerle cube I also used tropica 1-2 grow Ammania sp. 'Bonsai' which I wish I had used some in the wabi. The tropica 1-2 grow is absolutely superb you get quite a lot in a pot and its growing brilliantly and I think its perfect for wabis

Thanks Ian :)

Thanks Tim, it was a led desk lamp that I got from aldi for £4 I took the light bar of the top and mounted it to the stand I made there 8000k white leds, I wasnt sure if it would work but for the money I couldnt not try it :) heres a couple of pics of it, not great but I hope you get the idea :)

JsswWCR.jpg

TJihARF.jpg

Back